Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how M182 is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Last updated: November 30, 2020
Your Responsibilities While in the Building
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
On the students' designated day to come to the school building, temperature checks must be completed at home by families.
All students will have their temperatures taken. Parents need to stay until the students are cleared to enter the building.
Every member of the school community must wear masks.
Maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
No visitors will be allowed to enter the school building. Contact the staff members to schedule a virtual meeting.
Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
Safety Precautions Taken By Our School
In addition to asking everyone to wear masks, wash hands, and maintain social distancing, our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students. These steps have been recommended by local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
All classrooms will have hand sanitizers.
All staff members and students must wash hands throughout the day.
Desks and chairs will be organized for social distancing (6ft apart).
Markings will be placed on the floor to direct students movements in the school building.
Guidance for Hybrid & Remote Learning
Please see the hybrid & remote learning information below.
How Hybrid Learning Works
Hybrid learning combines in-class instruction and at-home learning. This allows us to limit the number of students in the building each day for safe social distancing, while still ensuring that students can benefit from direct interaction with teachers and peers.
- During days in class, teachers will provide direct whole-class instruction and small-group instruction. These days will be used primarily to introduce new topics, provide small group and one-on-one instructional support, and conduct assessments to monitor student progress towards standards.
- Students will be assigned additional activities to work on independently for there at-home learning days. These activities will allow students to apply and practice what they learned in class. There may be a combination of technology-based learning activities and offline worksheets, projects, and writing assignments.
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working independently at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
- Your child may benefit from focusing on a limited number of subjects each day.
Technology: Your DOE-loaned iPad or Laptop
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- Refer to this link for care and safety of your iPad. iPad Information.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact:
219 E 109th St New York, NY 10029
*You can also connect with your teachers directly using the Staff Directory.